Everywhere you look there’s an over the top statistic on video marketing.
- Video increases conversion by 80%.
- 80% of people can recall video content that they’ve seen over the past month
- 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day.
- 200% more shares are generated by social videos than text and images combined.
Considering these facts, the opportunity for a company to generate sales through video content is enormous. But, it can also produce a lot of waste. Wasted time, wasted budgets, and wasted resources. If’ you’re going to do it…do it right. So, we wanted to share our 5 tips on creating kick-ass video marketing campaigns:
- Your Video Should be about the Story – NOT about the Sale. The focus should always be about the value that you are providing your customers. Apply the rules for written content marketing to your video marketing to tap into how video moves people & appeal to your customer’s needs. End it with a call to action alongside your URL that relates to the story that you’ve told.
- Aim to Give 10 Amazing Seconds to your Viewers. The video should immediately deliver its value and pique your viewer’s curiosity by asking questions and using teasers to hook their attention. One-fifth of your viewers will click away from a video within 10 seconds or less so, quick & to the point, within the first 5 to 10 seconds, is what we recommend.
- Lighten Up! Use Humor in Your Video. Audiences want to be enlightened and distracted from their boring work day & have a laugh. According to Tim Washer, Social Media Manager at Cisco, “Caption writing develops your ability “to get into what John Cleese calls the open mode, where you’re playful and having fun and relaxed and not worried. The more you can get into the open mode, the more often you’ll find yourself coming up with fresh ideas in all areas of your life.” Break out of how your industry typically communicates and take a chance on being funny!
- SEO GO! The very first thing… put your video on your website and enable embedding on your video to increase the likelihood of getting inbound marketing leads. Next, video sitemaps. Google explains how to create a video sitemap with ease. Of course, descriptions are critical to Google search engines making sense of your video and defining its content. Use relevant keywords and fully explained descriptions and titles. If Google has provided a place for information, fill it out as this will help your video rank.
- Educate & Show-off a Bit. 65% of your potential customers are visual learners. Video marketing is a powerful way to educate through demonstrating your service/product, providing thought leadership, or by creating a series of webinars that shares your knowledge with your customers – and you can collect leads in the process. In your video stories show-off the success that your customers have achieved by using your product/service.